LAS VEGAS, June 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- DelveInsight's "Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) Market" report provides a thorough comprehension of the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia historical and forecasted epidemiology, and the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia market trends in the 7MM [the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan]. The HoFH market report also proffers an analysis of the current HoFH treatment algorithm/practice, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs.
Some of the imperative takeaways from the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Research Report:
- Several key pharmaceutical companies such as Amgen, Aegerion Pharmaceutical, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Lib Therapeutics, Sanofi, Neurobo Pharmaceuticals, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, and others are developing novel products to improve the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia treatment outlook.
- Juxtapid (lomitapide), Repatha (evolocumab), Evkeeza (evinacumab), and Praluent (alirocumab) are the US FDA approved for the HoFH treatment.
- Statins alone or in combination with ezetimibe are the first line of treatment for HoFH patients, and other drugs are generally given in combination with statins. Other drugs used for treating HoFH include Repatha (PCSK9 Inhibitor), Juxtapid (lomitapide; MTP inhibitor), and others (Bile acid sequestrants (cholestyramine, colesevelam), Stanol esters). Additionally, Lipoprotein Apheresis is the only long-term treatment with the potential to slow early atherosclerosis and prolong survival in HoFH patients.
- Recently, Praluent and Evkeeza received approval in adult patients with HoFH; however, Evkeeza's high cost might pose some concern.
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia market to enlarge because of the raising awareness of the disease, improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, incremental healthcare spending across the world, the launch of potential emerging therapies, demonstrating greater efficacy in a smaller injection volume. Besides, a huge window is open for the key players to develop effective therapies that can achieve more than 50% LDL-C lowering capacity and increase overall patient compliance.
- However, hindering factors such as the use of off-label therapies and generics, lack of effective reimbursement policy for HoFH treatment cost, high rate of under-diagnosis and under-treatment, lack of appropriate knowledge among clinicians pose an enormous threat towards the improvement of the overall Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia treatment regimen that will act as a roadblock to the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia market's growth.
- In terms of current therapies, real-world data suggest that combinations of statins with other cholesterol-lowering medications, including bile acid sequestrants, niacin, fibrates, probucol, and LA, are being used successfully in treating HoFH patients and can be considered to further lower LDL-C levels. However, their use may be limited by tolerability and availability. Considering this real-world data, only a slight dip in patient share has been assumed in the forecast model. This assumption has been strengthened because the maximum emerging therapies are being investigated as an adjunct to the currently available standard therapies for HoFH.
For further information on Market Impact by Therapies, visit: Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market Analysis
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (HoFH) is a rare and life-threatening disease characterized initially clinically by plasma cholesterol levels >13 mmol/L, extensive xanthomas, and marked premature and progressive atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ACVD). It is a more severe form of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH), an autosomal dominant genetic disorder.
As per DelveInsight's analysis, the total HoFH prevalence in the 7MM was estimated at around 3,882 cases in 2020. It was also observed that HoFH affects males and females equally.
The Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiological analysis segmented into:
- Prevalent Population of Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH)
- Diagnosed HoFH Prevalent Population
- Mutation-specific Distribution of Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
Get a complete epidemiological segmentation @ Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Epidemiological Analysis
Statins alone or in combination with ezetimibe are the first line of treatment for HoFH patients, and other drugs are generally given in combination with statins. Since, HoFH is a severe form of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH), due to which LDL-C levels in the body are very high, patients are given high-dose statins to lower LDL-C levels.
Three modalities are employed for treating HoFH to prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol: lipoprotein (Lp) apheresis (LA), pharmacotherapy, and liver transplantation. Additionally, prescription medications can be used either alone or in combination with other treatments and medications. Furthermore, Juxtapid (lomitapide) and Repatha (evolocumab) are the US FDA-approved for the treatment of HoFH.
Even after the availability of so various therapeutic options, HoFH is highly underdiagnosed and undertreated. The expected launch of potential therapies such as LIB003 (LIB Therapeutics), Inclisiran (Novartis), and ARO-ANG3 (Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals) may increase the HoFH market size in the coming years.
Inclisiran by Novartis is a long-acting, synthetic siRNA directed against PCSK9 and has been displayed to tremendously decrease hepatic production of PCSK9 and cause a marked decrease in LDL-C levels. It is conjugated to triantennary N-acetylgalactosamine carbohydrates administered via subcutaneous injection. In January 2018, Inclisiran was granted orphan drug designation by the US FDA for treatment of HoFH.
ARO-ANG3 is designed to decrease the production of angiopoietin-like protein 3 (ANGPTL3), a liver synthesized inhibitor of lipoprotein lipase and endothelial lipase by Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals. ANGPTL3 inhibition has been displayed to reduce serum LDL, serum, and liver triglyceride and has genetic validation as a novel target for cardiovascular diseases and Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH). The US FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation to ARO-ANG3 for the treatment of HoFH.
LIB003 is a PCSK9 Inhibitor being developed by LIB Therapeutics. The PCSK9 protein is a vital regulator of circulating LDL–C levels through its inhibitory action to recycle the LDL receptor (LDLR). PCSK9 inhibition hence offers a novel therapeutic mechanism for decreasing LDL–C levels.
To conclude, the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia market dynamics are anticipated to change in the coming years due to the raising awareness of the disease, understanding the importance of cascade screening in several countries, initiation of comprehensive multicenter studies, improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, and incremental healthcare spending across the world during the forecast period. Currently, Evinacumab, Praluent, Inclisiran, and LIB003 can be expected to be the major thriving players in the HoFH market due to their highly efficacious results and the fact that they will enter the market much earlier than other HoFH therapies. Out of these therapies, Evinacumab has already received approval based on its brilliant results. On the other hand, LIB003's dosing advantage provides an edge to the drug over other PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies already available in the market, as it can demonstrate greater efficacy in a smaller injection volume as compared to PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies, and it has to be dosed only once a month. The formulation of LIB003 (LIB Therapeutics) provides an edge to the drug over other PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies already available in the HoFH market, as it can demonstrate greater efficacy in a smaller injection volume as compared to PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies.
- Geography Covered: The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Study Period: 3-year historical and 11-year forecasted analysis (2017-2030).
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Markets Segmentation: By Geographies and By HoFH Therapies (Historical and Forecasted, Current and Upcoming)
- Dominant Market Companies investigating its candidates for HoFH: Amgen, Aegerion Pharmaceutical, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Lib Therapeutics, Sanofi, Neurobo Pharmaceuticals, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, and several others.
- Analysis: Comparative and conjoint analysis of emerging therapies.
- Case Studies
- KOL's Views
- Analyst's View
Request for a Webex demo of the report @ Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Therapeutics Market
Table of Contents
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) Key Insights
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Executive Summary
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Overview at a Glance
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Disease Background And Overview
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Treatment And Management
HoFH Guidelines By European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) (2014)
Japan Atherosclerosis Society (JAS) Guidelines For Prevention of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Diseases 2017
Guidance For Pediatric Familial Hypercholesterolemia (2017)
HoFH Treatment Algorithm
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Epidemiology And Patient Population
The United States
The United Kingdom
HoFH Marketed Drugs
Repatha (Evolocumab/Amg 145): Amgen
Juxtapid (Lomitapide): Aegerion Pharmaceutical
Evkeeza (Evinacumab): Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Praluent (Alirocumab): Sanofi/Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Emerging Drugs
Inclisiran: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals/Novartis
Lib003: Lib Therapeutics
Gemcabene: Neurobo Pharmaceuticals
Aro-Ang3: Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals
HoFH Market Access And Reimbursement
7MM Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Analysis
The United States Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Size
EU-5 Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Size
Germany Market Size
France Market Size
Italy Market Size
Spain Market Size
The United Kingdom Market Size
Japan Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Size
Case Reports of HoFH
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Drivers
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Market Barriers
SWOT Analysis Of Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
Browse full report with detailed TOC with charts, figures, tables @ Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Diagnostics Market Report
View Related Reports
DelveInsight's Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia - Epidemiology Forecast 2030 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology.
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia Pipeline Insights, 2021 report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present clinical development scenario and growth prospects across the Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia market.
DelveInsight's s Interstitial Cystitis - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease.
DelveInsight's Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and a depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor Pipeline Insights, 2021 report by DelveInsight offers comprehensive insights of the pipeline (under development) therapeutics scenario and growth prospects across Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor development.
DelveInsight's Chemotherapy-Induced Hearing Loss Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and a depth understanding of the disease.
DelveInsight's Chronic Heart Failure - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and a depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
The influx of companies and emerging pipeline therapies are set to drive the Dilated Cardiomyopathy Market Size growth.
Robust pipeline, advanced R&D, increased healthcare expenditure, and proactiveness of pharma companies to bring in innovative medications and therapies boost the growth of the SCLC market size.
The rising burden of substance use disorder and the treatment scenario.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also provides Business Consulting Services with a credible market analysis that will help accelerate the business growth and overcome challenges with a practical approach.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/homozygous-familial-hypercholesterolemia-market-future-forecast-indicates-a-growth-rate-at-a-cagr-of-5-7-during-the-study-period-20172030--delveinsight-301312764.html
SOURCE DelveInsight Business Research, LLP