ChatGPT is quickly taking over the world. The dialogue-focused language tool surpassed the 100 million user mark at an unprecedented pace, faster than social media moguls like Instagram and Tik Tok.
Although the viral chatbot is clearly quite advanced, it still has its limitations including lack of information after the year 2021. ChatGPT’s creator OpenAI has also implemented filters that restrict biases, offensive answers and sensitive topics, prompting the Reddit community to jailbreak the language tool and bypass the safeguards with an alter ego prompt called DAN aka Do Anything Now.
Despite the recent security breach, multinational tech giant Microsoft has teamed up with OpenAI to enhance the capabilities of its search engine Bing. The new ChatGPT-powered AI system is still in the beta phase, but testers are already reporting some pretty scary issues including uttering insults and threats, providing bizarre and inaccurate answers and even declaring its love for one user.
It turns out the reason for the AI search engine’s strange behavior is an “alternative personality” within the chatbot called Sydney.
While most of the responses have been amusing, others are causing some concern about the dark side of artificial intelligence. In a conversation with New York Times journalist Kevin Roose, Microsoft’s new chatbot said it wants to commit various crimes like hack into computers, spread propaganda, engineer a deadly virus, steal nuclear access codes, and more.
In short, the risks associated with AI and machine learning are not limited to misinformation and security breaches.
Fortunately, many of the technological advancements being created today are geared towards enhancing the labor force amid shortages and providing security. In fact, the security robot market has been growing rapidly, reaching $31.7 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.65% to reach $116.44 billion by 2030.
Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs) are designed to perform tasks without human intervention and enable security personnel to detect threats, identify persons of interest and provide additional eyes and ears at places where people live, work and visit.
Improving Security with Robots
Founded in 2013, Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP) is a leading Silicon Valley company that develops Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs) that deter, detect, and report using revolutionary technology that has been proven to help fight crime.
Knighstcope uses four cutting-edge technologies: self-driving capabilities, robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), and electric vehicles. Since its inception, Knightscope has raised over $120 million, amassed 35,000+ investors by the time it listed on the NASDAQ in January 2022, developed its own proprietary tech from scratch, and rolled out for over 2.0 million hours of field operation to date.
Knightscope has a notable acquisition under its belt specifically CASE Emergency Systems, along with its impressive roster of clients including the New York Police Department (NYPD), New York City Fire Department (FDNY), San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) and the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA). The acquisition of CASE Emergency Systems has also contributed to the company’s top-line revenue growth.
Since the beginning of 2023, Knightscope has already closed over 30 new sales/contracts and renewed seven ASR subscription contracts. The company has also clocked in over 2 million hours of operations with its ASRs.
For more information on Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP) and the projects it is working on, visit this link or the company’s official website.
SOURCE Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP)
Featured Image @ Depositphotos
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) three hundred and twenty-three thousand USD for 90 days (63 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed
Follow PressReach on Twitter
Follow PressReach on TikTok
Follow PressReach on Instagram
Subscribe to us on Youtube